Coaching with Ianto
How can coaching and mentoring help you?
The first significant area of development for most participants is introspection. This is a foundational skill for both personal and professional development. Once this is in place, you can work to build deeper insight into what you want, your challenges and future areas of growth.
With feedback and improved self-awareness, you reduce stress, develop more tolerance of it. Then you are better able to adapt to changing or unfavourable circumstances successfully. In turn, this decreases the likelihood of burnout and improves overall life (and job) satisfaction. By building a congruent picture of who you are are, and becoming more authentic, you are better able to navigate life's challenges and start to orientate your life more consciously and functionally.
With personal development you are better able to understand the motivations and underlying commitments of other people. Benefiting from reduced conflict and improved confidence in decision-making. You become better at time management and working with others. You become more aware of human nature and how inter-relationships are operating.
The main components of self-efficacy are learning through another’s experiences and being affirmed by people you trust. These factors are key building blocks in the coaching relationship. Creating strategies to achieve goals and celebrating those successes with a coach is a prime way to build confidence in oneself. Goals may be action based, relational or well-being. You set your objectives.
There is a beneficial effect on communication skills. Developing effective communication skills can help individuals in all aspects of their lives — both in and out of the workplace. This has its own positive impact on stress — which is certainly exacerbated by poor communication. This includes assertiveness, exploring options, practicing those difficult conversations. Communication happens on many levels not just verbal.
6. Work-life balance
With coaching, you take time to set your own priorities and work to make them a greater part of your life. That empowers you to maintain a better work-life balance. You tend to gain more job and life satisfaction. This can be attributed to both improved self care and greater alignment with your goals and aspirations. While growing meaning and purpose in your life.
7. Increased mental health
You improve your mental health and increase - life satisfaction, purpose, and social connection. These, along with emotional regulation, reliably improve your mental health.
What's my experience
- I have done an eclectic counselling course.
- I am initiated with the Mankind Project UK&IRE, done many of their further trainings, staffed their Rites of Passage event numerous times, and founded the Stroud chapter.
- I am one of the founders of Journeymanuk.org, a teenage boys mentoring charity. I am one of the Rites of Passage leaders, a mentor trainer, content creator, I have been a trustee, I am a central coordinator of the national charity, mentor coach, local group leader and boys mentor,
- One of the Pathways to Ventures co-founders with Liz Terry and a director .
- I am a qualified Homeopath.
Applications and referrals.
- Use the contact form below
- Or text me to make an arrangement for a phone call - 07799472170
- We have an initial conversation, by phone or in person.
- We will discuss the frequency, how long for and make an agreement
- Use the Contact form below to make an initial enquiry
- To make a full application or a referral for someone else (under 18s or vulnerable adults), click the link on the applications and referrals button.
- Once you are ready to go, I will send you an agreements and principles form by email for you to sign
- Online by zoom
- In person - in my garden yurt. Near Stroud centre.
- Out and about, we can get out into nature for a walk and talk.
- Coaching support between contact time, I can offer crises brief check ins by messaging and phone. This is by arrangement. And will involve a slight higher charge rate of the booked sessions.
I generally run 90 minute sessions (this can be discussed and adjusted to your needs). Usually these start out regularly, once a week, and space out as you get on top of things, then drop to occasionally as needed. An initial agreement of frequency and the number of sessions (like once a week for 6 to 8 weeks) helps. This can be renewed, or stopped at any time. You are in control.
Zoom or phone - £50
In person £60 ( I have a garden yurt in Stroud, it is a lovely space.)
Walk and talk / natured based practices. - £60
Texting and PMs - £10 / week -
This is if you need more frequent contact and support. We can message or do 5 - 10 minute "How's it going?" calls at prearranged times.
Other help and support you may need.
I may suggest sign posting, homework, referrals to other organisations, services referrals in the case of safeguarding issues.
Some other things about me.
I am 61 years old. I am also a builder and carpenter, yurt maker where I have brought on many young apprentices, I worked several years at the Centre for Alterative Technology, I have lived on a 12 volt eco community in Wales, I have worked at Wynstones School (a Steiner School) as the buildings and estates manger, I have been a community artist, worked as a potter, travelled overland to India, studied martial arts - Shintaido, karate and Tai Chi, I am a father of two now adult children, I like the sea, mountains, forests and rivers. I have a special connection to West Wales where I lived 2 decades.
What people say...
'you are saving lives' - a teenage mentee
'I really value our time, it always bring me insights' - a teenage mentee
'this is better than football, gaming and all that' - a teenage mentee
'a wise inspiring elder' - journeymanuk mentor
'authentic, straightforward, challenging and deeply caring' - parent